September 3, 2008

Walk for Autism 2008





Did you know that 1 in 50 children today have some form of autism?
Did you know that 1 in 94 boys are on the autism spectrum?
Did you know that boys are four times more likely to develop austim than girls?
The Autism Walk this year will be here in Washington, D.C. I am so exciting to once again be apart of the moment. I have a personal connection with autism, my son Dee was diagnosed with autism at age 2. It has been a long journey filled with resentment for me, the constant wondering and the many why me's... It took some time for me to finally come to grips with the fact that my son was who he was and I would just have to accept it, and move on. I am looking for a bright future ahead for my son and all autistic children. So that's why I'm asking you to join us and walk for the cause. You may have a child, cousin, niece or nephew or just know someone who is struggling to find balance to deal with autism. Join us! Click here for more information or visit www.autismspeaks.org
Or to find a walk near you click here.

No comments: