September 3, 2008

90210 New Season???



Did you get a chance to check out the new 90210 2-hour special last night at 8pm? I have to admit it that my butt was glued to the couch trying not to miss a single moment. I have to say that the new show has potential. I wasn’t too keen on the reunion of Kelly and Brenda.. it seemed kinda weird and unrealistic. Since I really enjoyed Tristen’s character on HBO’s series, The Wire, I figured he would move me in some way… but no he was just lukewarm. I see how the producer’s tried to keep the same element from the original show with some updated scenes and storyline. Overall I gave the show a B for effort hopefully as the season continues I will grow to love it like I adored the original show. I also couldn’t help but ponder at the idea of Dylan being Kelly’s baby daddy, so I will be glued in order to confirm that thought.

But in case you've been under a rock the last couple of months here's a brief breakdown:

Shenae Grimes stars as Annie Wilson. Annie's parents are Harry and Debbie and her brother is Dixon.

Tristan Wild stars as Dixon Wilson. Dixon's parents are Harry and Debbie and his sister is Annie. The Wilson family adopted Dixon after he had spent some time in a foster care program.

Jessica Stroup stars as Daphne Silver. Is she David and Donna's daughter? Mel and Jackie's? All we know is that Silver is "a rebel who produces and stars in a YouTube-type video series.

Dustin Milligan stars as Ethan Ward. Ethan is a jock who will give Dixon a run for his money on and off the playing playing field

Michael Steger stars as Navid. Navid, who is similar to the original series character Andrea Zuckerman, an aspiring journalist who runs the school's newscast.

AnnaLynne McCord stars as Naomi, the "hot, spoiled, rich girl". Could she be the female version of the original series character Steve Sanders.






No comments: