September 2, 2008

Thinking of you



This year has been one of the most craziest times of my life. Earlier this year I lost the most important influence in my life and from time to time I find it hard to focus on my life ahead. I knew that she couldn't be here with me forever and it might sound selfish but I wish she was here with me. Through all the tough times and all the pain she endured I just couldn't imagine life without her. When I was down she picked me up, when I was wrong she made it right, when in doubt she helped me feel secure. I can remember one of the toughest times in my life, finding out my son was disabled, she helped me through it. My mother was never the type to show affection so whenever I needed some loving words she was always there for me. She comforted me when my mind was in limbo and I felt like giving up on the world. She made me believe that I was worth something and deserved more than what I was receiving.
To love is what she taught me, saying that no matter what your family comes first and everything else follows. She showed me the true meaning of family and she instilled a self worth inside that no one will ever take away. It's hard trying to go on without her... she was that glue that binds. And without her who knows where we are headed, hopefully we will continue to cherish those values she set forth for us. Make her proud and always remember that she may not be here in the physical sense but indeed here in our heart. She was, she is and will always be following me through this journey called life.....


She is my grandma, Mrs. Jane Kelly.


I love you and miss you and I'm going to make you proud of me............IT'S TIME FOR ME TO SHINE!!

No comments: