August 25, 2008

Standing Corpse- WTF!!

The body of deceased Angel Pantoja Medina stands erect and leans against a wall by his coffin during his own wake in his mother's home in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Monday, Aug. 18, 2008.
The last wish of Medina, 24, who was found dead on Aug. 15, 2008 underneath a bridge in the capital, was to be standing at his own wake. A funeral home used a special embalming treatment to keep the corpse standing upright for his three-day wake.




I mean is this the future of the funerals that are to come... I didn't believe this when I first heard of the story but it's actually true. I never thought this would be considered an option, I always thought you were to be laid to rest lying on something. But this is something strange and really scary if you ask me. The world is definitely changing..



Click here to read more and pics below if you can stand it...











No comments: