October 14, 2008

No Funny Business Huh?



M.I.A. performed with Pharrell at the Diesel XXX Rock n Roll Circus

Well it turns out that rapper M.I.A. has confirmed she's pregnant with her first child.

"I'm creating a baby," the 31-year-old singer told Pitchfork Media.

While M.I.A. has been enjoying success in the state and whose sampled voice is the chorus of radio's hottest single "Swagga Like Us," there's been a little funny business going on. "Swagga Like Us," featuring Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z and T.I., is crafted around M.I.A.'s line "no one on the corner has swagger like us" from "Paper Planes." It was released last month as the first single from Jay-Z's 11th album "The Blueprint 3" and also appears on T.I.'s sixth album, "Paper Trail."

She and fiancé Ben Brewer, lead singer and guitarist of The Exit, kept the due date and the baby's sex a secret, but they made sure their fans knew they are serious about having a child.

"When I found out I was pregnant and 'Paper Planes' was in the iTunes top 10, it seemed like the whole world was reshuffled in one week, and all my plans went out the window," the artist said. "I've got two kids, that's what it feels like. And that's the lesson – you can't make plans." "I got engaged first, then I got pregnant, kids," M.I.A. said.
Other in attendance included Michelle Williams, Maino, T.I. and Zoe Kravitz.

1 comment:

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

Randomly found this blog, and had no idea M.I.A. was pregnant! So, so behind on my celeb gossip. Thanks for the post :)